Pages

Search This Blog

My Weightloss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Fill Down....

Well today I had my first fill.  Man, talk about somebody being nervous! ......And when he whipped that needle out..Woooo! My heart jumped!  My mom went with me and she video taped the whole procedure.  She had to wear an X-Ray tech jacket while the doc did his thang. So he told me to stand in between this big machine and line my port up with a box on the side of the machine. The first needle came and he said that I'd feel a slight pinch, it was a numbing agent.  I actually didn't feel anything. Then the second needle came and it was for the fill. He told me to take a gulp of the barium. I took a sissy gulp. LOL! We could see the barium going down my stomach on the monitor they had there. I could see where my band was. Man, technology is insane! He told me to take another gulp of the barium..once again I took a sissy gulp. Why was I taking sissy gulps? I don't know...I was a first timer..maybe it was my nerves. I have no clue.  Then again he told me to take another big gulp and this time he told me my other gulps were sissy gulps.  Well....I couldn't get mad because he was tellin' the truth! LOL


The whole procedure was done within minutes. He added 3CCs to my band.  I left with a little band-aid on my belly.  No biggie! I was told to only drink liquids for the rest of the day b/c my stomach may be a little swollen due to the fill. I can begin soft/mushy foods tomorrow.  I didn't feel any different all day.  I will admit that I'm nervous about actually eating tomorrow. I just don't want anything to come back up. It probably won't but the thought of it happening makes me uneasy.  Once again, I'm probably worrying for nothing. 


Good news! I am exactly 9 pounds down since my surgery date, 1/24/2011! To me, that is a huge deal because I lost 15 lbs. during the all liquids before surgery and 9 lbs after. That's a total of 24 pounds off of my body! I really feel good and proud of myself for getting this far. I hope to lose about 3.5 more pounds by 1/24/2011, my 1 month post-op date.  We'll see! Well time to hit the sack. I am beat!


TTFN!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Sandi sent me over! Terrific blog - I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! I had my third fill yesterday. I got .5 of a cc. The first time I got 3 too then the second 2...and since I have had good weight loss over the last 2 weeks they decided to do a baby one! Yesterday I didn't eat much at all. But I feel good today! Here's to us and our tuesday fills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your first fill was a success :) When you transition back to solids, just remember to chew, chew, chew your tiny bites! That is the key to it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nikki! Yes, I will most def watch what I swallow. I don't want any up-chuckin'. LOL

    ReplyDelete