Pages

Search This Blog

My Weightloss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 8 Post-Op..Feelin' Good

Good Morning! I feel bad about not blogging the last 2 days. I'll try to keep up daily so that I can remember what I went through after the surgery. So I noticed my stomach swelling went down considerably as of Sunday, post-op day 6. I can tolerate more food but if I overeat, boy it's hell!  I mean eye-crossing hell!  Anyhow, the only pain I have is sporadic back pain which is caused by the hernia repair. Now what's interesting about the back pain is that when it comes, you cannot stand straight up.  You have to crouch or bend over to get weight off of it.  The pain is miserable. I cannot wait until I'm fully recovered from the hernia repair. 


As far as my weight Post-op. I'm still at exactly 298. This is acceptable to me because I didn't get much exercise post-op and I was eating cream soups, fruit juices and Italian ice cups (sweetened with splenda). I'm confused by this "sweetened with Splenda" part because I looked at the label and it said 20 grams of carbs. Ummmm, isn't splenda 0 carbs? Well those Italian ice cup felt good goin down but obviously wasn't good for me.  This is a new journey for me so of course I'm gonna learn by trial and error. 


Well yesterday I got in my first official workout.  The hospital offers a free workout area for bariatric patients. It has a full set of weights, an awesome treadmill, yoga ball, jump ropes, exercise bike and an insane elliptical machine...FREE TO USE!  So I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes and did arm exercise with the 5lb weights. I figured I can get in at least 20 minutes of exercise in 5 days weekly and progress from there.  Unfortunately because of the snow storm today school is out so I won't make it to the exercise room. I guess I'm gonna have to put in my 'Walking Away the Pounds' DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment